13 Best Meal Replacement Shakes for Women
The main fundamentals to lose weight are a proportioned healthy meal combine with an extensive workout. However, busy women might struggle to juggle between losing weight and working hard.
Fortunately, there is a way to help you lose weight quickly through the best meal replacements!
In this article, we will review the 13 best meal replacement shakes for women.
Can Meal Replacement Shakes Promote with Weight Loss?
Meal replacement shakes are also known as diet shake mostly adopted by women. Such shakes are commonly used to jump-start your diet because has low carb and may also help you lose weight faster.
Such replacement commonly comes in either formulated powders that are mixed with water or to-go shakes.
From the name itself, you will substitute your full meal with this shake either breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If you want to have it on full blast, you can substitute it from any two meals per day, and you may still eat even one meal. However, you must be careful. If your frame is not used to having a full liquid diet, you should do it little by little.
Also, there is a common ingredient meal replacement shakes contain, it is called a hunger blocker. Hunger blocker will help you stay and feel full. This will support you in avoiding food cravings, thus promotes weight loss goals.
Two Things to Remember When Choosing the Best Meal Replacement Shakes to Lose Weight
If you decided to have this meal replacement shakes for your weight loss journey, then you may note these two things to have the best you can have!
1. Always check the label.
At the back of every product, you will notice the ingredients and nutrients. It would help you choose the best meal replacement shakes. It should include proper nutrients per serving such as protein, fiber, specific vitamins, and calories.
2. Stay away from a high amount of sugar and artificial flavoring.
A product that has too much sugar is not good for the body because it has calories, and if you have diabetes or any related problem, it will upsurge your blood sugar. Also, the load of sugar will promote unhealthy cravings. Lastly, artificial flavoring may induce any harmful reaction to your body.
Advantages of Best Meal Replacement Shakes to Women
Aside from a boost for your weight loss that meal replacement shakes can bring, there are also various advantages of meal replacement shakes you may be sleeping in.
Let’s see some of it here:
1. It promotes on-time eating habits.
Since it is very easy to consume, meal replacement shakes either to-go drink or not will help you secure eating on-time. No more skipping meals or eating late. You can set-up an alarm and drink meal replacements straight!
2. It provides the right amount of vitamins and minerals.
Even if you may be sacrificing a full meal to achieve weight loss, it doesn’t mean that you wouldn’t have enough vitamins and minerals. Such meal replacement shakes have enough nutrients that your body needs, but as I mentioned, you need to check the label of the shakes to see if it has the significant ingredient that you need.
3. It controls your food cravings.
As I stated above, a lot of sugar will promote unnecessary food cravings. Such craving will lead you to eat whatever you want without having the feeling of full then may result in obesity or any chronic diseases.
Meal replacement shakes may be beneficial for most of the women who want to control their craving and drop weight at the same time. It contains the right amount of sugar or natural sugar. Make sure that it doesn’t have artificial sweeteners.
4. It reduces the calories you consume.
Losing weight means controlling every calorie that will go into your body. The best meal replacement shakes will help you keep track of how many calories you consume resulting in weight loss.
5. It encourages you to consume added vegetables or fruits.
If you choose to prepare a quick meal replacement shakes, then you can add any fruit and vegetable of your choice. Then, just blend, and you are good to go!
6. It offers convenience and efficiency.
It would be best if you do not skip breakfast. A lot of busy people tend to refrain from breakfast, and after the day they will feel more lethargic because they missed the most important meal of the day. Breakfast is mainly your fuel for the day, but if you are too busy to whip up something, then meal replacement shakes may save you.
The Downside of Meal Replacement Shakes
Even if you’ve seen a lot of advantages, meal replacement shake still face issues that may concern you.
Here are the few downsides of meal replacements that I’ve seen:
1. It does not promote healthy eating in the long run.
When you’ve already reached the weight you are aiming for, after using the meal replacement shake, you may go back to your usual eating habits. As a result, it will not fix your bad eating habits such as going back to fast food and once again, makes you gain weight. It may be best to also slowly avoiding meal replacements.
2. It might get uninteresting.
This scenario may happen since you will only be drinking your meal to achieve weight loss. However, if you are eager for weight loss to happen to your physique, then you must be dedicated to it. You should assess yourself first if you are ready for some liquid meal diet. Also, it may help you feel and stay full, but eventually, it may leave you dissatisfied.
Consuming meal replacement is also like undergoing a natural diet and exercise. It will take effort and consistency for you to achieve the results you want.
Top 13 Best Meal Replacement Drink for Women
Ample provides three formulas such as Original, Vegan, and Ketogenic. All of the ingredients are natural, grass-fed, and organic. It also has enough probiotics to improve your digestion. It is a shake for women and also men.
The meal shakes come with a bottle, filled with the right amount of Ample powder. You just need to add water and shake! Ample conducted a poll and 2/3 of 200 customers said that they were full for 4 hours or more. It is also gluten-free and soy-free, plus they do not include artificial sweeteners and artificial flavors. Lastly, non-GMO and BPA-free!
Ample has two sizes, one is a 400-calorie selection, and the other is a 600-calorie selection. There is a 15% discount offered if you opt to have Ample shakes delivered to your doorstep monthly.
- It contains quality protein sources, healthy fats, fiber, prebiotics, probiotics, nutrients, and nutrients per serving.
- It will make you feel and stay full based on the majority of people from the poll conducted by Ample.
- It improves your digestion and diet that may contribute to weight loss.
- It will leave you an option to choose from, either vegan or non-vegan.
- It is still offered in one flavor, which is vanilla.
2. Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal
Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Replacement secures 44-superfood blends. In one scoop it has an accumulated 20 grams of protein from 13 raw grown components, with greens, premium healthy fats, 7 grams of Organic fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Another essential ingredient it contains is the 1.5 billion CFU enzymes and probiotics. It helps by maintaining the points of microorganisms in the digestive system.
It is certified USDA Organic and non-GMO. It also doesn’t contain dairy, gluten, soy, filler ingredients, tree nuts, artificial flavoring, sugar, or any preservatives. Lastly, right to their words, their product is raw because food processing and heat will affect the protein it contains.
It comes with the flavors of Chocolate Cacao with 120 calories per serving, Vanilla Spiced Chai with 115 calories per serving, vanilla with 115 calories per serving, and lightly sweet with 130 calories per serving.
- It includes high-quality ingredients which I mentioned above.
- It comes with various flavors options.
- It contains 115 calories per scoop.
- It is raw, vegan, and organic.
- It may potentially harm you if you have kidney or liver issues because of the high protein content and also a single scoop may not be able to be a substitute for a meal.
Sated comes with a powder and to-go drink food replacement meals.
Sated powder comes with various premium quality ingredients, and it has a natural sweetener such as Stevia and Monk Fruit, leaving no weird aftertaste. It is compact with 27 significant vitamins and minerals, prebiotic fiber, and microbiome that is important for a keto diet.
It comes with five flavors of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and peaches & cream. The taste of Sated powder was positive in customer reviews. In each pouch, contains 30 servings of 400 calories. It also has less than 2.3 grams of net carbs per serving, depending on the flavor you choose.
However, the Sated to-go drink may not be for everybody. Yes, it offers convenience and efficiency because it is a to-go drink, but a lot of consumers left unfavorable customer reviews regarding the taste and texture. It says that it has a weird aftertaste and has chunks even if already shaken well.
- It offers a discount if you opt for a monthly subscription.
- It is packed with natural elements and sweeteners.
- It has a lot of options in flavors and has a low carb.
- It has a great taste based on customer reviews.
- It may be expensive, especially with the shipping fee if you are not from the US.
4. 310 Nutrition Meal Replacement Shake
310 Nutrition Meal Replacement Shake contains an exclusive Tri-Plex protein blend. It has a distinct formulated mixture of rice protein, pumpkin, and pea with 15 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fiber.
Also, enough phytonutrients, minerals, and anti-oxidant will strengthen your immune system. It contains 110 calories per serving, it doesn’t have artificial sweeteners or sugar. It has a lot of flavors like chocolate, salted caramel, unflavored and vanilla.
- It has a lot of flavors, leaving you a lot of choices.
- It has a distinct formulated mixture of ingredients.
- It is suggested for vegans.
- It has a different combination of proteins.
- It may have a different mix of proteins, but it is still not enough.
5. Soylent Meal Replacement Shake
A bottle of Soylent Meal Replacement Shake has 400 calories, 2 grams of saturated fat, 37 grams of carbs, 20 grams of protein, and a hefty amount of vitamins and minerals. The brand becomes known in the parts of the UK and the US.
It is also accessible to a lot of convenience stores such as Wallmart, Costco, 7-Eleven, and many more. It comes with four flavors such as original, cacao, nectar, and coffee. The brand is pro-GMO, so assume that the company may genetically alter the ingredients.
It has soy content for people that cannot consume soy; then this may not be for you.
- It has an Isomaltulose that is a slow-metabolizing disaccharide, so it will make you feel full.
- It has a lot of flavored shakes you can try.
- As mentioned, it is available in most of the convenience stores, mostly in the US and roughly parts of the UK.
- A lot of claims said that it might contribute energy when you engage in physical activities.
- It may not have that savory taste compared to other meal replacement shakes.
- As mentioned, it is pro-GMO and contains low grams of fiber.
6. Orgain Organic Nutrition All in One Nutritional Shake
Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Nutrition Shake contains 250 calories, 32 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fat, 16 grams of plant-based protein, and 260 milligrams of sodium. This meal replacement shake is suggested for people who follow a vegan diet.
All ages may also consume the nutritional shake, and it doesn’t have sugar. It has 150 calories per portion. It is also certified USDA product, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, and free from artificial contents.
It has five flavored shakes you can enjoy, which are sweet vanilla bean, strawberries and cream, bananas and cream, and creamy chocolate fudge.
- It has four flavors to choose from that everybody can enjoy.
- It can be consumed by men, women, the elderly, and kids.
- It has grams of protein, amino acids, fiber, organic chia, and more.
- It is formulated by doctors.
- It may be a bit sweet.
- It also has claimed that it doesn’t make you stay full.
7. Slimfast Meal Replacement Shake Mix Powder
Slimfast brand is already forty years in this field. Their meal replacement shake contains
It has 4 grams of fiber, 24 vitamins and minerals, and 10 grams of proteins. It has 200 calories in an eight-ounce proportion.
It has four flavored shakes such as creamy milk chocolate, strawberries and cream, French vanilla, and rich chocolate royale.
- It has received an award of the Chef’s Best Taste Award.
- It comes with four flavors.
- It provides diet track.
- It may also be accessible because individuals can buy it from grocery stores and online sites.
- It has sucralose that may harm your digestive system and may raise blood sugar levels.
8. Premier Protein Shake
Premier Protein Shake is ready to drink meal replacement shake. It has 30 grams of quality high protein with 9 significant amino acids and includes 160 calories per bottle. They aim to provide enough best protein from their products.
However, it contains sucralose that may be harmful to your metabolism and eventually raise blood sugar.
It comes with five flavored shakes like vanilla, caramel, chocolate, cookie cream, and pumpkin spice.
- It has a high amount of best protein.
- It may also be a source of calcium.
- It may also be a suggested pre- and post-workout option.
- As mentioned, it has artificial sweetener, which is the sucralose.
9. Vega Protein Shake: Nutrition Weight Loss Shake
Vega Protein Nutrition Shake is a meal substitute, plant-based, and has flaxseed, a blend of greens powder, pea, and hemp protein. It has eleven vitamins and minerals. It comes in a to-go drink or protein powder.
- It is plant-based.
- It is also vegan and gluten-free.
- It is not heavily treated to preserve all the essential vitamins and minerals.
- It is also suggested for post-workout.
- It may affect your digestive system causing bloating and gassiness.
10. Apres Vegan Protein Shakes
Apres Vegan Protein Shake offers a plant-based protein shakes that delivers nutrients and hydration to your physique simultaneously. It contains protein, electrolytes that came from coconut water, and metabolic healthy fats.
Some may consider Apres Vegan Protein Shake as the best meal replacement shake, but it is focused as an added nutrient drink than a meal substitute.
It comes with different kinds of flavored shakes such as cold brew coffee, mint chocolate, vanilla bean, and sea salt chocolate.
- It secures hydration of your body.
- It has a lot of flavors you can try.
- It also has a taste to recommend.
- It may be expensive compared to other meal replacement shakes.
11. LABRADA Nutrition Lean Body Meal Replacement Shake
Labrada Nutrition Lean Body Shake contains 40 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. A meal replacement drink that is dairy-free, soy protein-free, gluten-free and contains no grams of sugar. It also has 280 calories. This protein powder is also good for digestion.
It has three flavors such as coffee, chocolate, banana, strawberry, vanilla, salted caramel, cookies, and cream. They show their care for the environment by producing an ecological, sugarcane plant-based cap.
- It contains a high amount of protein.
- It also has different shakes flavors.
- It is ready to drink.
- It doesn’t contain any sugar.
- It has a high amount of sodium.
12. Iconic Grass-Fed Protein Shake
Iconic Grass-fed Protein Drink is a protein meal replacement protein drink that has five flavors such as café latte, cacao + greens, vanilla bean, chocolate truffle, and turmeric ginger.
It also contains water, electrolytes, chicory root inulin, natural sweeteners, vitamin B12, and grass-fed protein isolate.
It is soy-free, lactose-free, gluten-free, and doesn’t have artificial sweeteners.
- It is very clear and transparent when it comes to ingredients.
- It has a lot of flavors.
- It has natural sweeteners.
- It is also keto-friendly.
- You may experience issues with your stomach like gas, bloating, and nausea.
- It may also not be budget-friendly.
13. Pure Protein Shake
Pure Protein comes with a shake, protein meal replacement bars, and powder. It is a powder meal replacement that contains 35 grams of protein and 2 grams of carbs. They also claim to have a great source of calcium. Many athletes consume this protein powder drink.
If you are not content with their products they will quickly send for a refund or replacement of an item, however, you need to shoulder the shipping fee.
- It is suggested as pre- and post-workout.
- It is very cheap.
- It may use for muscle gain and weight loss.
- It contains carrageenan, this is commonly used as a budget source of fiber that may result in digestive problems.
Losing weight is not that simple, but if you put your best effort into it, then you will achieve your desired results. If you also even combine it with a meal replacement meal, then you may see faster results.
You will see the importance of having extensive research before you try anything, especially concerning your overall health. Review articles like this will guide you on the basics of what you should and should not do.
Reviewing the best 13-meal replacement shakes, I think the best one is Ample. Ample offers the best fundamentals of what a meal replacement shake should have aside from the nutrients. Ample will help you stay and feel full, which is the most significant component when losing weight.
Not only that but all of the ingredients are certified natural and organic. You can rest assured that whatever you consume, it is all healthy and will not leave any side effect on your physique. Lastly, it is very affordable. If you may want to do it in the long-term, it will not leave your pockets empty because you can save from the discount they offer.
However, one con that I want to emphasize is, it has one flavor as of the moment. If you want to have different flavors every day, then it is best to find another, again.
Just to sum it all up, meal replacement shakes may be a way to promote weight loss especially for women who are strict with their frame weight; however, it will only be useful if you have chosen the best one for you. Also, it may be a fast and convenient way to consume meals but do not forget that even little physical activity is still a must for your overall health.
- Do Meal Replacement Shakes Work? My Experience + Facts - July 22, 2020