Meal Replacement Shakes without Artificial Sweeteners: The 5 Best
Our Top Picks
The birth of meal replacement shakes eliminated your reason to skip meals. It serves as a substitute for an actual meal to provide energy and boost weight loss.
However, some contain artificial sweeteners that may have a negative effect on your body.
This article will present meal replacement shakes without artificial sweetener: the 5 best!
Meal Replacement Shakes without Artificial Sweeteners: The 5 Best
You have now discovered the potential side effects of artificial sweeteners but do not worry because there are still meal replacement shakes without artificial sweeteners. So, you can still lose weight and avoid the risks of synthetic substitutes.
Here are some of the list of meal replacement shakes without artificial sweeteners:
1. Ample Original – Ketogenic Best Meal Replacement Shakes
Ample is one of the meal replacement shakes that doesn’t contain any artificial substitute. It comes in a dry powder pre-portioned recyclable bottle. You can just quickly add water, shake well, and enjoy this meal replacement drink!
Ample offers meal replacement shakes that are made from excellent quality and home-grown ingredients. It contains comprehensive protein, healthy fats, probiotics, organic greens, and fiber. The ingredients are pea protein, grass-fed whey, coconut, macadamia nut, chicory root fiber, whole grain oats, organic guar gum, acacia fiber, organic barley, lemon, and organic wheatgrass.
Ample is certainly gluten-free, soy-free, non-GMO, sugar alcohol-free, artificial flavor-free, and, as mentioned above, artificial sweetener-free! It comes with vanilla flavor. Ample provides a 15% discount if you choose to have your Ample meal replacement shakes sent to you every month.
- It contains high-quality nutrition and organic ingredients per serving, making it easier to digest.
- It has two sizes to choose from 400- calories selection and a 600-calorie selection.
- It will help you lose weight because, from the poll conducted by Ample, a lot of consumers feel and stay full, making them achieve or be closer to their weight goals.
- It provides you an option you can choose, either non-vegan or vegan and also three formulas, Ketogenic, whey-based and plant-based.
- As mentioned above, it only comes with vanilla flavor.
2. RSP TrueFit Gluten-Free Best Meal Replacement Shakes
RSP TrueFit is ideal for men and women. It has the perfect balance of organic protein, healthy fats, fiber, probiotic, organic fruit and vegetables packed in a meal replacement shakes.
It is also gluten-free, no soy, no-GMO, without artificial sweeteners, ingredients, or -flavoring. One scoop of this powder has 25 grams of paster raised, a grass-fed whey protein per serving that came from the abundant family farms in the USA.
RSP TrueFit Gluten-free contains 12 no-GMO and natural fruits and vegetables like organic kale, organic elderberry, organic broccoli, organic carrot, and many more. Not only that, but they also formulated this powder to boost your digestive system by having enough probiotics and prebiotics.
It comes with four flavors you can choose from, such as cold brew coffee, cinnamon churro, vanilla, and the classic chocolate. They also have unflavored ones you can opt to. It is also a great help for people that has an active lifestyle or not!
It also offers a 100% money-back guarantee and certain rewards when you purchase the protein blend drinks.
- It has high quality of proteins and comes with organic monk fruit and vegetables that are recommended for your body.
- It is gut-friendly for it contains billions of probiotics to improve your digestive system.
- It provides a reasonable price for the protein powder they offer.
- It has an unflavored version where you may want to add to your nutrient intake.
- It has a review that may not help you feel and stay full.
3. Orgain Organic All-in-One Meal Replacement Shake Protein Powder
Andrew Abraham was the one responsible for Orgain Organic All-in-One Meal Replacement Shake.
The primary advantage of this protein powder is Dr. Andrew Abraham is a cancer survivor searching for clean protein powder, free from artificial sweeteners when he couldn’t find one. He formulated his own for himself and helped other people that may need it.
It contains 16 grams of plant-based protein, 260 milligrams of sodium, 250 calories, 32 grams of carbs, and 7 grams of fat per serving. This nutritional meal replacement shake is recommended for individuals that follow a strict vegetarian diet.
All ages may savor Orgain Organic Nutritional Meal Replacement Shake. It also doesn’t contain any sugar and has 150 calories per serving. It is free dairy, gluten-free, non-GMO, a certified USDA protein shake and it doesn’t contain any artificial flavoring, sweetener, or compounds.
Lastly, it has five flavors you can taste, such as great tasting strawberries and cream, velvety bananas and cream, sweet vanilla beam, and creamy chocolate fudge.
- It has five flavors you can choose from that all ages can definitely enjoy.
- As mentioned, it is recommended for all ages meaning kids, the elderly, men, or women can grab Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake.
- It is a protein powder formulated by doctors, so you may rest assured that it has gone through various tests.
- It offers an organic meal with vitamins that every age needs.
- It may be grainy and hard to mix for some.
- It may also be a bit sweet even if there is no artificial sweetener.
4. Kate Farms Komplete Meal Replacement Shake
Each scoop of Kates Farms Komplete Meal has 16 grams of plant-based protein and 24 different types of essential vitamins and minerals that are ready to drink.
It is definitely corn-free, soy-free, lactose-free, nut-free, and gluten-free because Kate, herself, has a problem with her digestions; that is why her parents made their best efforts to produce a protein shake that will go well with her and individuals that has the same issue as her.
Also, Kate’s parents and their team assured that all of the products they produce came from an all-organic source. The Komplete Meal Replacement Shake is a blend of organic pea and organic brown rice and has a very small amount of fat.
Aside from that, it offers antioxidants that are extracted from 29 types of superfoods that boost lean muscle and cell growth without sacrificing the taste. They assure you that it doesn’t have a weird aftertaste that a lot of meal replacement shakes have. It has three flavors to choose from, such as coffee, chocolate, and organic vanilla flavor.
- As mentioned, it has a lot of superfoods and vitamins and minerals that may lead to optimum nutrition.
- It also has antioxidants that are great for your body.
- It doesn’t contain any fillers or allergens that may pose a risk to your health.
- It comes with three flavors to choose from!
- It may be a bit expensive for other people.
5. Ka’Chava All-in-One Plant-based Superfood Best Meal Replacement Shakes
Loyal to their words, Ka’Chava is a meal replacement shakes that is all plant-based. It contains 70 diverse plant-based superfoods. Some ingredients to note for are fiber, protein omega 3, adaptogens, probiotics, anti-oxidants, greens, vitamins, and minerals.
Ka’Chava Meal Replacement Drink is also sucralose-free, meaning it has no artificial substitute. It doesn’t contain any preservatives and is vegan certified. It is also dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free!
You can also consume this weight loss shakes if you want to boost your journey, strengthen the support into your physical activities, and lastly, for your everyday consumption of essential nutrients. It is also formulated to make you feel full for hours.
Ka’Chava All-in-One meal replacement shakes come in two flavors to choose from, which is the chocolate and vanilla. The two flavors are sweetened through stevia and lo han fruit. Lo Han fruit is known to be a great source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory elements. It is also high in vitamin C.
- It contains 70 diverse natural superfoods, vitamins, and minerals that are great for your body.
- It is also created to keep you full for a long time.
- It comes in two natural flavors you can choose from, which is chocolate and vanilla.
- It doesn’t contain any fillers and allergens.
- It may be expensive compared to other meal replacement shakes.
- It may also not taste delicious for everyone.
What is Artificial Sweeteners?
Sugar plays a vital role in every baked goody you consume, but you know that it contains a high amount of calories. Imagine, every bite of that delectable chocolate cake will eventually help you gain weight. It is quite unfortunate, right?
As a result, experts created artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes to replace sugar without having calorie or contains only a small amount. It also goes by the name intense sweetener because compared to sugar, they are much more concentrated.
You can now enjoy every sweet without being guilty of this chemical sugar, but it still faces a lot of concerns you should be aware of. Later on, I will discuss it with you.
How do Artificial Sweeteners Work?
As mentioned, artificial sweeteners are concentrated; that is why it is much sweeter than natural sugar and provides fewer calories to none, but how does it work?
Your tongue is surrounded by various taste buds that have their own taste receptors that perceive a lot of tastes. The moment food comes in contact with your tongue; the taste receptors will come across food molecules.
The receptor will direct indicators to your brain to let you determine the taste of what you ate. What is impressive about this is that sugar sweeteners are very similar to natural sugar molecules to be suitable for the sweetness receptor.
Though, they are diverse in all aspects from sugar for your system to break it down into calories. As a result, they offer a sweet taste without additional calories.
Example of Common Artificial Sweeteners
These are the following example of the common artificial sweeteners used in some of the food you consumer:
1. Sucralose – You might have encountered this sweetener already from your protein bars or meal replacement shakes. The sucralose is 600 times sweeter compared to table sugar. It is commonly used in baking, mixing, or cooking. It’s retailed under the product name Splenda.
2. Aspartame – These synthetic sweeteners are retailed under the product name Equal, Sugar Twin, or NutraSweet. It is 200 times sweeter if you compare it with table sugar.
3. Aspartame – acesulfame salt – This synthetic replacement is retailed under the product name Twinsweet that is 350 times sweeter compared to table sugar.
4. Acesulfame potassium – Same with Aspartame, this is also 200 times sweeter compared to table sugar. It also goes by the name Acesulfame K. It is retailed under the product name Sweet One or Sunset, usually used to bake and cook.
5. Advantame – This may surprise you, but this artificial sweetener is 20,000 times sweeter compared to table sugar.
6. Neotame – Just a little less from Advantame, Neotame is 7,000 to 13,000 times sweeter compared to table sugar. It is retailed under the product name Newtame.
7. Saccharin – Saccharin is one of the oldest artificial sweeteners available for over 100 years. It is 300 to 700 times sweeter compared to table sugar, and it is also retailed under the brand name Sweet Twin, Necta Sweet, and Sweet’N Low.
8. Cyclamate – Cyclamate is 50 times sweeter compared to table sugar; however, the US banned these synthetic sweeteners. Studies found that this mixture caused cancer in laboratory rats. It may also become toxic to other people.
Effects of Artificial Sweeteners on Your Body
If you are a healthy person, the side effects of artificial sweeteners may not induce any harmful effects. However, if you have underlying issues in your body, then you really have to avoid these artificial sweeteners.
Listed below are the potential impact of artificial sweeteners on your body:
1. It may affect your brain activity.
A study shows that consuming synthetic sweeteners may intersect your blood-brain barrier and may eventually fool parts of your brain that is responsible for feelings of satiety and appetite.
As a result, it left an impact on your understanding and will be linked to a poor future snack option.
2. It may disrupt your taste buds in the long run.
Since it was mentioned above, that artificial substitutes are stronger compared to natural sugars; this may leave an impact on your taste buds. You will get used to consuming intense artificial flavors that you will find raw sugar or fruits bland or bitter. You may also seek super-sugary food than healthy food that may lead to diabetes.
You will no longer enjoy eating healthy food that is great for your body.
3. It may disrupt the balance of your microorganisms.
Artificial sweeteners may leave a severe impact on your digestive system, disrupting the balance of microorganisms in your body. As a result, metabolic issues and obesity may occur.
Once this scenario takes place, it will increase the risk of diabetes because when gut health is changed, it is associated with impaired glucose tolerance. It will give rise to a spike in blood sugar.
4. It may stay in your gut.
Artificial substitutes may remain in your gut. When it is not digested, it is used as nourishment for unhealthy bacteria. As a result, harmful bacteria will continue to grow while the good ones are eliminated. It will also eventually lead to a weak immune system.
5. It may also be associated with gastrointestinal problems.
Artificial sweeteners may cause digestive issues that will lead to pain and abdominal swelling. This may also lessen your capability to receive nutrients from the food you consume and reduce the well-being of your immune system. As a result, there will be an upsurge in the danger of chronic inflammatory disorders.
6. It is chemically made.
You already know that artificial sweeteners are made to replace natural sweeteners so it is not natural. Most of artificially made food or products have undergone a process and anything that is artificial may not bring favorable effects to your body.
How do Manufacturers Add Sweet or Flavor to the Meal Replacement Shakes Without Artificial Sweeteners?
So, seeing the potential effect of artificial sweeteners that may affect your body might make you wonder, “How do manufacturers add sweetness?” that is already a great question because nobody wants to have a bland taste in their food.
There are two primary types of natural sugar they may add. The first one is the sugar and the second one is the sugar alcohols.
1. Sugars are the ones that are commonly squeezed from natural plants or fruits. The example of these natural sugars is maple syrup, brown sugar, coconut sugar, honey sugar, sugar cane, monk fruit, and stevia.
2. Sugar alcohols are neither sugar nor alcohol. It is a type of carbohydrate that has a similar form to alcohol and sugar. It is also known as Polyols. Polyols have a small number of calories than sugar. The sweetness level of sugar alcohol may range from 25% to 100%.
There is no reason to avoid meals because of the best meal replacement shakes! It can provide energy and boost weight loss. However, some may not taste good so that they can offer fewer calories, thus gave rise to artificial sweeteners.
This is one of the importance of having extensive research and reviewing products. It will be able to guide you in your weight loss journey or merely shifting to healthy living. If you may not stumble upon this article or other related entries, then you will not be able to discover the artificial sweeteners that you may be consuming have a potential impact on your overall health.
After reviewing the five best meal replacement shakes without artificial sweeteners, that may already help you decide which is the suitable one for you, but as for me, Ample Ketogenic Meal Replacement Shake is the best.
It has the most advantages a meal replacement shake can have. It has a premium taste you can enjoy and may help you lose weight quickly. It is also effortless to prepare, just add water, a few shakes, and you can drink it straight.
Another thing, it is also very portable, it may be perfect for any busy individual. You can prepare it at your house and bring it with you so you can have a meal at any time of the day. It contains various natural and organic compounds that guarantee you a healthy and flavorful meal replacement shake.
Unfortunately, the only con it has is, it has one flavor as of the moment. There are no announcements if they will formulate a new one.
Just to have a run-through of everything, there are artificial sweeteners that are approved by the state. It really provides the sweetness you need, and at the same time, brings no-calorie. However, there are still potential risks you will face if you consume it. Always be careful about what you consume.
- Do Meal Replacement Shakes Work? My Experience + Facts - July 22, 2020