Achieving a healthy lifestyle can be difficult nowadays. The demand of the market and the need to supply it is what always surround most of the adults, resulting to lack of time to prepare a healthy meal.
Fortunately, meal shake replacements are here to save the day!
This article will help you determine 7 Best Gluten Free Meal Replacement Shakes that will provide convenience for you!
Gluten Free Meal Replacement Shakes
Gluten-free meal replacements shakes are free of barley, rye, and wheat but still comprise excellent quality ingredients to promote a convenient, healthy lifestyle.
Meal replacement shakes are established by dieticians, nutritionists, and doctors. It is a guarantee that they include enough vitamins and minerals.
People that are suffering from Celiac disease opt to meal replacement shake that is gluten-free. Celiac disease is an immune response when there is a consumption of any gluten. Barley, rye, and wheat contain gluten.
When an individual suffering from Celiac disease had eaten gluten, their immune system will respond by harming the small intestine. Once this happened, they will not properly absorb nutrients and eventually lead to complications. However, the effect of celiac disease may vary from person to person.
Benefits of Meal Replacement Shakes
A lot of adults have no time to hit the gym and prepare healthy meals. They would instead grab a quick bite somewhere to kick start their day or often skip meals.
We all know having a complete meal is essential for our body to be productive, but what if we really can’t because there is not enough time.
Fortunately, there are meal drink replacements that don’t require much effort from you! You just need to take a few scoops, pour, shake, and drink or just really drink straight from the bottle! You are good to go!
Here are the benefits of meal replacement shakes:
1. It is convenient.
As mentioned, these shakes are very easy to make.
If you are always on the road or just don’t have much time allotted for making meals, you’ll just scoop, shake and drink. There are also prepared in a bottle or can, already, and you just need to sip and savor it!
Some meal replacement shakes will come in different flavors, so you will have a variety to choose from. You can enjoy it in cold or room temperature.
The good thing about this is, you know that you are consuming a healthy drink, unlike grabbing a bite in fast food. Who knows what it might contain?
2. It helps with weight loss.
A meal replacement shakes can replace an actual full nutrition meal. It can provide enough nutrients while reducing your calories as well.
A lot of traditional low-calorie diet will still make you feel hungry, and you end up giving in, but drinking meal replacement shakes will make you feel full while taking lesser calories.
3. It contains a wide number of vitamins and minerals.
As stated, nutritionists, dieticians, and doctors formulated this drink to provide a full nutrition meal. Since it may substitute a traditional food diet, it contains protein, vitamins, and minerals to help you have enough energy each day.
4. It helps reducing food cravings.
Some food that you buy has a hefty load of sugar. Once you’ve consumed sugar, your blood sugar will increase, and your body produces insulin to reduce it to the right level. However, if the insulin decreases your blood sugar a bit too much, your body will seek food to increase your vigor.
Intaking meal replacement drink has the right amount of sugar and more nutrients that allows you to avoid your food cravings. It will only not make you full but also provide the right amount of energy that you need.
5. Medical professionals recommend it.
Various patients are encouraged to do a meal replacement diet whenever they have surgery or undergone surgery. It is also another option to boost the quality of your life, but you may also combine it with proper diet and exercise to reach your full goal.
How to Choose the Right Meal Replacement Shake?
It is essential to choose the right meal replacement shake because not all meal replacement drink might be perfect for you. Each of us has our own goal and list to consider, do you want to reduce calories, maintain them, or just want to grab a healthy alternative.
Also, you need to be wary of the ingredients of your replacement shake because some contents may have been prohibited by the FDA.
Here are the following things to consider when choosing the right meal replacement shake:
1. Low Amount of Carbs – replacement drink that contains a low amount of carb will be able to offer you with the right amount of energy you need for your daily events. It is also a way to aid in removing unnecessary food cravings.
In various processed and fast food, there may be an incredible amount of carbs; that is why it is best to avoid it.
2. Low Quantity of Sugar or None at All – As mentioned, a high amount of sugar is no good for your body; that is why replacement shakes should have at least a low amount of sugar to none at all.
A replacement shake that has a quantity of 3 grams or less of sugar is appropriate for diet.
3. Protein Mix – the right amount of protein is advisable to your body because it has many benefits such as lessening food cravings, improving digestion, and boosting the sensation of fullness by decreasing down digestion.
4. Contains Vitamins and Minerals –
The recommended amount should be:
• No amount of corn syrup.
• No amount of hydrogenated-vegetable oils.
• More than 15 grams of protein per serving
• More than 5 grams of fiber per serving (for those who can intake fiber)
• 3 grams of sugar or none per serving
• Average 30% of nutritional content such as vitamins and minerals
5. Cost – the usual meal replacement shakes may be quite expensive, but once you’ve researched enough, you will discover some affordable ones. This is also a critical component to consider when choosing a replacement drink to determine if it will provide your needs at the same time fit your budget.
But you must remember that opting for a healthy lifestyle can be a bit pricey, but if it’s for your health, then why not start investing?
Difference between Meal Replacements and Protein Shakes
You might be confused about the two or using them inappropriately, but meal replacement and a protein shake are different when it comes to the dietary composition. They are also made for a different purpose.
In simpler terms, meal replacements are advisable for weight loss or management, while protein shakes/drinks are advisable for muscle increase and athletic routine.
It would be best if you were attentive to differentiate those two because it will lead to wrong weight loss control.
Here is how to differentiate the two:
Meal Replacement Shakes – as the name suggests, it serves as a substitute meal for once or twice of your day-to-day diet. It contains vitamins, minerals, carbs, fiber, protein (usually has a lower amount compared to protein shakes/drinks), and low numbers of calories.
Protein Shakes – unlike meal replacement shakes, they are not formulated to substitute a meal; it is only an addition to a regular diet. After or before your vigorous workout, that is when you usually consume the protein shake/drink.
Protein shakes commonly have an amount of 25 grams and above per serving. It has a low amount of carbs and does not contain added vitamins and minerals except for what protein contains.
Top 5 Best Gluten Free Replacement Meal Shakes
1. Ample V
You do not have to worry about gluten because all of the Ample’s replacement meal shake doesn’t contain gluten. It helps enhance faster metabolism.
It is full of fiber that you will have the feeling of being full once you consumed it until you grab your next meal. This is an essential component if you want to achieve weight loss because it eliminates yourself from eating anything you want when you are hungry.
Aside from being gluten-free, they are also soy-free. So, if you have soy allergies, rest assured that you can consume this drink, as well. They guarantee to offer organic ingredients.
– As mentioned, Ample V is formulated to boost your metabolism resulting in great digestion and diet.
– It is also free of soy, making it safe to drink for individuals that have a soy allergy.
– It contains organic ingredients.
– It is also very affordable.
– As of the moment, Ample V only has one flavor, so if you want this to replace your meals, you will have to consume the same taste every day.
2. Garden of Life Raw Meal Replacement: Organic Plant-Based Powder
– true to their words, it is undoubtedly raw because they do not want the proteins to be altered due to processing and heat. It contains 44 superfoods that will enhance your energy.
This has become well-known because various athletes that have a metabolism problem must consumer dairy free food. They opt to intake this powder plant-based protein. Fortunately, it is not only for athletes but also for you who want to have a healthy alternative for a more balanced diet goal.
Garden of Life Raw Replacement Meals Shakes and other products are all free of soy, dairy free, gluten-free, tree nut- free, artificial color free, filler ingredients free, and preservatives free. It includes loads of live probiotics and enzymes that will enhance your digestion.
It comes with four flavors such as original, vanilla, coffee, and chocolate. It also helps with lean muscle growth.
– It is recommended for vegans.
– It contains billions of probiotics that is good for your diet.
– It contains raw and organic nutrients.
– It comes with four flavors to choose from.
– It is not recommended to substitute for a primary meal in a single intake.
3. Orgain Organic Plant-Based Nutrition Meal Replacement Shake
Orgain has a lot of different nutritional products, as well. This is also a ready to drink shake.
Aside from shakes, they also offer bars and protein powders to help with diet and muscle growth. There are also Orgain kids available.
It contains a high amount of carbs, vegan protein, and organic fiber. It it also gluten-free and soy-free, so it is safe for people with allergies. Consume the shake two hours of opening or seven days provided that it has been refrigerated.
It comes with four flavors such as Sweet Vanilla Bean, Strawberries and Cream, Creamy Chocolate Fudge, and Iced Café Mocha.
– As mentioned, it is gluten-free and soy-free. It also doesn’t contain any artificial ingredients, so it is safe for individuals with allergy.
– It contains a hefty amount of protein and organic fiber that may help with your diet.
– It has a great taste based on the reviews.
– There shakes are certified by Vegan Action.
– There are claims that this replacement shake that is supposed to make you feel full didn’t make them full.
4. Idlife Meal Shake Replacement
The Idlife shake has a straightforward ingredients and solutions that is ready to drink. It has seven ingredients that are great for absorption combined with chia seeds that are known to contain a lot of superfoods.
It contains 23 grams of protein.
– As mentioned, it contains a straightforward formulation.
– It is formulated from protein isolate.
– It comes with chia seeds that are very good source of various nutrients such as fiber, protein, fat, calcium, and more
– They could also add more nutrients.
– As of the moment, it comes with only small pouches.
5. Katefarms Komplete Meal – Katefarms guarantee an allergen-free product. Their products are all nut-free, corn-free, soy-free, lactose-free, and gluten-free.
Kate of Katefarms also has a problem with her digestion; that is why she decided to formulate products that can go well with her and people with the same problem. They made sure that all of the products came from an organic source.
Their protein mix is a combination of organic brown rice protein and organic pea. It has a very low amount of fat.
– It tastes very great as per reviews.
– It is very convenient since it is a drink.
– As mentioned, it secures an allergen-free product.
– It is certified organic.
It contains a high amount of sugar that may not be good for individuals with diabetes or any other issues concerned with increasing blood sugar.
6. Vega One Organic All in one Shake
Vega One boasts about their added Omega 3 fatty acids that play a significant role in your body. They are very transparent when it comes to their products ingredients to prove that they only use clean content.
It is also non GMO. It is vegan certified, grain-free, sugar-free, and also gluten-free. It also has micro and macronutrients.
– It may help with your detox, for it also contains antioxidants.
– It contains Omega 3 fatty acids that are known great for the heart and brain.
– It is vegan.
– It may be expensive if you are finding an affordable meal replacement shake because it is small.
7. Herbalife Formula 1
Herbalife products provide various healthier options, and they have a simple program that is easy to follow. It is also gluten-free but soy-free. Soy-based products may support with weight loss and presents developments in body structure.
It doesn’t contain any artificial coloring and comes with different flavors such as wild berry, mint chocolate, café latte, and dulce de leche. A lot of reviews said that all of the flavors taste exactly as guaranteed.
– It has a lot of products like meal replacement shakes, snacks, and bars that are very convenient to consume.
– It comes with a lot of flavors, as well.
– It contains essential nutrients, fiber, and protein.
– It is a great pick for a great-tasting shake
– As mentioned, it is soy-based and also contains shellfish, so if you are allergic to these ingredients, then you might want to skip and find another replacement shake.
Seeing the list of the top best gluten-free replacement shakes will let you decide which is the suitable one for you.
For me, the one that won this round would be the Ample V, the one pros that stood out for me is it is very affordable and ready to drink. There are not many replacement shakes that offer an affordable price. A lot of people also recommend the Ample V.
It may only have one flavor as of the moment, but it is true to their words that it will leave you full until your next meal. This is a significant criterion that a replacement shake should have aside from a large number of vitamins, minerals, and ingredients that it also contains.
Meal replacement shakes may be a method to decrease your calories and to support weight loss. It is convenient, fast, and easy to grab, especially if you are one busy adult. At the same, time you know you are consuming nutritional content.
Always remember that when choosing a meal replacement shake, you have to opt to the ones that contain less sugar, a high amount of nutrients, and no artificial ingredients.
- Do Meal Replacement Shakes Work? My Experience + Facts - July 22, 2020